Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shopping with the girls

Every mom with kids knows that it takes a little training and alot of patience to shop with your little ones.  Now that the girls are a little older they usually insist on walking at the grocery store instead of ridding in the cart, which adds a bit of time onto our trip. 
They want to grab all of the yummy kid appealing foods and throw them into the basket.  I do try to let them be included in the decision making, usually by walking through the produce department and trying to find one new item, and letting them get at least one of what ever they want.  We have ended up with some interesting things before, some even needing the assistance of google to figure out how to eat it.  Lilly spotted a beautiful piece of fruit a few weeks back called a Cannery Melon, which has become a common request. 
Amelia always wants hot dogs.  She is the queen of all things junk, and hot dogs and candy are her true loves. 
While walking in store this past week, we came upon the hot dogs...she starts chiming "me pick, me pick it momma!"  I tell her yes we will get hot dogs, but I get to choose which ones, so please hold on for just a second while I read the packages.  (I do try to always get the ones without any nitrates, sulfates etc.) 
Unbenownced to me, while I am reading the packages, she has pick up one package, pulled her shirt all the way up and is putting the dogs on her belly..."It's cooollld"   At this point Lilly and Juliana are laughing hysterically.  I simply said, "yes Amelia, the hot dogs are cold" and placed them back on the shelf.
Surly no one will mind a little baby belly on their dog package, especially since the contain butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment